Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to change email notification specific to location?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lloydr1l, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lloydr1l

So I have more than one location with a 3CX system. When I get email notifications for anything I have checked to receive notification on, I can't tell from a glance which location it came from. I've looked in Network>Mail Servers settings, and I've played with different settings, but to no avail.

I thought it would be either the "reply address" or "user name for smtp server" fields, but playing with neither worked. So is this possible to setup in 3CX for identifying a location from which the email came from?

Thanks.

2. bmcdevitt

For bulk emails I use a SMTP Service. You can setup a TXT Record in your DNS settings to allow sending from whatever SMTP service you are interested in. Most SMTP services allow you to setup any "From Address" you want. Instead of paying for multiple email accounts you just pay for the service and there are a few other benefits. My main email server won't get flagged as spammy if the bulk of reports and notifications are sent from the SMTP Service. My current SMTP Provider allows me unlimited send from address's. I have 3CX set up with it, Our Reports that are generated get sent through this, my ticketing system, my ping monitor systems. All kinds of stuff. I would recommend using something like this and setting up each location of yours with a send from of something like 3cxwest@companyname.com /3cxsouth@companyname.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.