How to change the Default filename for the Voicemail Attachment

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fclaudiopalmeira, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fclaudiopalmeira

Hello guys,

I´ve got a very specific question, how do i change the default filename for the attached voicemail sent to the extension´s email.
    It does send the filename with the following format "vmail_CallerNumber_Extension_TimeAndDate"
    Well, we would like to get rid of the CallerNumber and Extension, for our specific project we only need the time and date,if it has to add another random number that´s fine, just not the caller or the extension, how to change that?

Thank you all in Advance

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @fclaudiopalmeira

Please navigate to Settings / Email / Email Templates and select the voicemail template to edit.
    You can see the parameters to edit there. Make a copy of the default settings before making any changes.
    You can change only the parameters seen there.

3. fclaudiopalmeira

Thank you my friend, i´ve done that, but all that we could do was to change what we were receiving as text on the email, we couldn´t find a way to change the filename itself, i mean the name of the file attached to the email.
    Is there a place where we could change that?

Thank you in Advance.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I am afraid that those are all the parameters that are editable. The parameters for the filename cannot be changed.
    You can post it as a feature request on our ideas section of the forum though where it can be upvoted by other users and can be evaluated by the appropriate department

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.