Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to change the Default filename for the Voicemail Attachment

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fclaudiopalmeira, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fclaudiopalmeira

Hello guys,

I´ve got a very specific question, how do i change the default filename for the attached voicemail sent to the extension´s email.
    It does send the filename with the following format "vmail_CallerNumber_Extension_TimeAndDate"
    Well, we would like to get rid of the CallerNumber and Extension, for our specific project we only need the time and date,if it has to add another random number that´s fine, just not the caller or the extension, how to change that?

Thank you all in Advance

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @fclaudiopalmeira

Please navigate to Settings / Email / Email Templates and select the voicemail template to edit.
    You can see the parameters to edit there. Make a copy of the default settings before making any changes.
    You can change only the parameters seen there.

3. fclaudiopalmeira

Thank you my friend, i´ve done that, but all that we could do was to change what we were receiving as text on the email, we couldn´t find a way to change the filename itself, i mean the name of the file attached to the email.
    Is there a place where we could change that?

Thank you in Advance.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I am afraid that those are all the parameters that are editable. The parameters for the filename cannot be changed.
    You can post it as a feature request on our ideas section of the forum though where it can be upvoted by other users and can be evaluated by the appropriate department

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.