• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to change the LOCAL IP address in 3cx 15.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereverend

Reaction score
Currently I set up my 3cx with DHCP (Dumb idea) the system is up and running now 100%. How on earth do I go in and change my local 192.168.X.X address in 15.5 thats running off the Linux ISO not the windows version? I just want to change it from DHCP to STATIC so if the server has to be rebooted it keeps the same IP address. Thank you guys in advance!

I am trying to do this via putty on port 22. I get the terminal log on and try using the ROOT and the 3cx logons and keep getting access denied? why? I have the correct credentials

you have set during install a different pass for root as this is not connected to the management console password...

Ok well after trying several times to get in I oddly must have chosen a different password. Well I got in.. When I do in fact change the IP to static in the internal side. Should i reboot or should all remain the same and no worries to reboot?

you have set during install a different pass for root as this is not connected to the management console password...

Ok well after trying several times to get in I oddly must have chosen a different password. Well I got in.. When I do in fact change the IP to static in the internal side. Should i reboot or should all remain the same and no worries to reboot?

The change from DHCP to static is done at the OS level. Since that is all you changed and your local IP remained the same there is nothing you need to do in the management console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.