Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to change the provsioning template used by existing phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by deka, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deka

Hello, Is there a way to change the provisioning template of an existing phone so that I can re-provsion the phone and use the newer customized template? I see the phone in the phone menu. I can click on the config button to see the config. However, I can not see how to change the template and re-provision. Any ideas?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I am assuming you are referring to V15.

Here are the correct steps to have the up to dated custom templates:
    1. Open Management Console and navigate to Settings->Templates page;
    2. From drop-down list select the needed template (let say yealinkT4x.ph.xml) and press Copy button;
    3. Rename the file (let say to custom_yealinkT4x) and press OK.
    The new custom template will be saved in "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<AuthGenDir>\CustomTemplates\phones" folder.
    4. Navigate to that folder, edit the "custom_yealinkT4x.ph.xml" file and do all needed modifications;
    5. Open Management Console, navigate to Extensions page and edit/add the appropriate extension
    6. Go to Phone Provisioning tab and add the new phone;
    7. From the "Choose from available models" select the Yealink model which will have the custom template name in the description and press OK;
    8. Press OK to save the Extension settings and provision (re-provision) the phone.

Note: You may have to restart the management console service after you made the changes to the custom templates.

3. acs4

This seems very long-winded if you have already provisioned a slew of phones using the standard template and then discover a need to customise the provisioning template. As I understand it, this means we have to go, extension by extension, removing the phone and the re-adding it with the customised template. Works, but SLOW!!!

4. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

I've run into this and that's exactly what you have to do.

5. jeffvz@gmail.com

Thanks for asking the question. I was wondering the same thing. In V14 and before I could simply go to the Phone Provisioning Tab, select the template I wanted, save it, reprovision the phone, and it was done. This is more confusing as it doesn't seem intuitive to have to delete the phone from the extension and then add it again to simply change the template.

6. mrt

mrt

Is this really the case? is there any way to edit the default template or just change the template for existing registered phones like in v14?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.