How to Check 3CX System status - In or Out of Office Hours?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by johnsemmens, Jun 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsemmens

What is the easiest way to check whether the 3CX phone system is currently In Office hours or Out of Office hours ?
    Is there a status that can viewed somewhere ?

2. positron

Re: How to Check 3CX System status - In or Out of Office Hou

I don't know if there's a better way, but here's how I do it. Create a new extension named "System Status" (does not need to be registered). In the extension config, on the Office Hours Scheduling tab, select "This extension uses Global Office Hours" and "Automatically change extension profile based on time of day".

Now, in the Extension Status list in the console, the User Status for that extension will show "Available" during in-office hours, and "Out of Office" during other times. If you want it to be visible to users via the 3CX phone app, assign the System Status extension to an extension group visible to other users and it will then show the status in the extended Presence list.

This information applies to v12.5.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. johnsemmens

Re: How to Check 3CX System status - In or Out of Office Hou

Thanks John,
    I've set that up, and it works quite well.
    It appears to only respond to office hours, and doesn't take into account manually setting the system status using *641 or *642.

Thanks,
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.