• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to check if file exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinpluss

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to write some javascript that will check to see if a settings file exists so that I can use its contents later in the application. I have an external code execution block in the main flow and I pass the working directory to it as a parameter.

I have the following code:
Code:
function CheckFileExists()
{
var g_fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

var path = arguments[0] + "\settings.ini";

if (g_fso.FileExists(path))
        {
            return "true";
        }
else
		{
			return "false";
		}
}

But this fails and the 3CXIvrServer.log shows:
Code:
Error! Module '3CX.com.OSBjsi'. Error ID 501. errmsgReferenceError: ActiveXObject is not definedline3linetxttokentxt

Any ideas how I fix my code to achieve this?

OK. So I ended up completely rethinking my application flow and put all file operations into a dotnet library which I now reference from the the Voice Application.

I use my custom dotnet library for all file functions (like ifexists, copy, rename etc) and it works great (although I had to blow the dust off of my vb.net skillset :D )

Hi Martin,

Thanks for sharing with us your experience!

Hope you have a great year!

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angel4781
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.