How to choose outgoing Caller ID per call on Android 3CX client

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by minnesota, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnesota

Hello. We have a business that has two local numbers, one for Business A and one for Business B. They're owned by the same guy and in the same office so we need to do this on one phone system.

Basically, I am wondering on outgoing calls from the 3CX Android client, is there an easy way for the people to select which outgoing caller ID to choose for that specific call so their customers see the correct caller ID? For example, if the outgoing call is related to Business A, the outgoing caller ID should end in 1020. If they are calling on behalf of Business B, it should show 1030.

If this is possible with the 3CX Android app, please let me know the best way to approach this.

Thank you

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @minnesota

The way i understand it you need to have 2 trunks and create 2 outbound rules with different prefix. Each outbound rule would have it's own route to go out.
    So for company A you use 9 for a prefix for the outbound rule and strip 1 digit
    For company B you can use 8 then strip 1 digit.
    That way the users can choose which trunk to go out from.

3. minnesota

So there's no way right on the app to program the different "Line 1, 2, 3, 4" buttons to go out over different trunks which we can then program for specific outbound Caller ID?

We would really prefer not to have to dial a prefix ahead of the phone numbers when dialing outbound.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The different lines, are all the same extension. At this point, each account, can only have one extension registered at a time, and you can only have one account active.

Feature suggestion?

#4 leejor, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  5. minnesota

Hello. I'm using Flowroute for our outgoing calls trying your suggestion of using prefixes to send the call out a different trunk. Basically, I'm trying to setup two Flowroute trunks with our same account info and then change the outgoing Caller ID for each trunk to achieve what we're trying to do. Unfortunately, when I try to add a 2nd Flowroute trunk with the same info, I receive the following error and it won't let me add the trunk.

What can I do to get this fixed? I can't deploy this for our customer until this is working properly. Thank you

"Authentication ID provided is already used for another external line"

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I do 1 as IP based and one as Username/Password with Flowroute. But contact their support. If I recall, they can support multiple registrations. But it may be an additional username/password.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. minnesota

I didn't think Flowroute supports multiple sub accounts or usernames, etc. I don't understand why 3CX won't just let me create two different trunks with the same user/password combo.

Or in the case of what we want to do, can an outbound rule change the outgoing caller ID for different prefixes? So let's say a prefix of "20" would change the outgoing caller ID to XXX-XXX-1020 and a prefix of 30 would change it to XXX-XXX-1030?

8. craigreilly

Only by using separate trunks.
    I use 2 to Flowroute.
    1 IP Based, the other reg based.
    For me, the IP based only handles 911 calls so the same caller ID is sent every time...

Looking back in my emails, you can have as many IP based registrations as you would like with Flowroute... as long as you have a static IP assigned to 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. minnesota

I've never done IP-based registration yet but we do have a static IP on our server so this might work for us. So we could create two flowroute trunks in 3CX that are IP-based and then just set the outbound Caller ID different for each trunk and then we could use the outbound rules to route a call over the right trunk with prefixes?

Is there any advantage to using SIP registration over IP-based registration?

10. craigreilly

Not static ip on the server - but a static ip from your ISP that is assigned to 3cx.

IP based is more secure... as it looks at your outgoing IP Address.
    Someone can easily get ahold of your Authentication login information.
    That is probably the #1 benefit.

Word of warning: The Flowroute logs will show the Tech Prefix that is used in IP Based authentication if I recall. If you will not be using these Flowroute logs, no big deal.
    Send them a support email. They were super helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.