How to configure external extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dsen, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsen

Hi,
    Got quite stupid issue. I have 3CX. Firewall has opened ports 9000-9499. As recommended.
    7000-7499 are closed on firewall.
    I need to register internal extension and to do call outside internal network.
    Ext is registered but got silence during call.
    I see in conf: These ports need to use for outside calls to VOIP providers and external extensions.

The question. How can I configure my extension as external?

Best regards,

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

You either need a gateway set up in 3cx to route calls over an analog line or you set up a voip provider to route through sip trunks (the cheaper and better way in my opinion).

Once you register the trunk/gateway then set an outbound rule (3cx will guide you through this when you set up the gateway/provider) then you can call out from any extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dsen

Pardon? Looks like some misunderstanding. My question was how to assign for ext external ports which is opened in firewall?

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

The ports that 3cx uses to place calls are set in the setting page (I forget whether it is in the general or advance settings) and should not normally be used.

Did you run the firewall checker in 3cx to make sure everything is correct? You have to stop the phone service and tunnel and then run the firewall checker.

Do that first and see if you missed something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dsen

Thanks. Fixed. Configured STUN in external phone settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.