• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to configure Yealink T42G for Remote Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobD

Reaction score
We’ve been installing Polycom 335 but when customer needed more phones and after I read posts on 3CX sites, the writing seemed to be quite plain.

We just got in a bunch of Yealink T42G phones in here and OMG! Plug ‘n Play Simplicity!!!! TY, 3CX!! :D

One of the sales persons wants to plug the T42G into any DHCP outlet in our office or while traveling and have it immediately connect.

Can I configure this information into a customized T42G Provisioning file, re-provision and we’re good to go or do we need to make one-time changes via the T42G web interface? I'm looking for details on how to do this.

Bob

The t42 should allow a second sip server to be used... But the issue might be the remote firewall and nat issues.
You can certainly try just adding your phone system external ip to the secondary sip server in his account and see what happens.

From my experience you should be fine, the only firewall issues I"ve run into when using a remote extensions are due the the firewall where the 3cx sits not so mmuch where the remote handset is located.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/provisioning-a-remote-extension/

For just one phone you can probably get away with stun

For one phone, I would manually provision and not worry about customizing a one-off template. I assume you mean to provision one of the line keys for say extension 100, but using the internal IP and credentials. Then, you could set up the second line key for the same extension, but this time using the external/public IP for the server. Remember to turn off provisioning updates for the phone.

For the most part, this should work just fine and if you have the office router/firewall set up to accommodate, you can likely avoid STUN. Of course, and as others have pointed out, there may be occasions where depending upon where your person will be visiting he/she may not be able to get around the remote site's security or firewall and may even run into some port conflicts should they also have a VoIP system or use the needed ports for other applications.

Thanks, All! Big help.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.