how to connect 4 spa3102 on 1 outbound rule?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kargo1977, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kargo1977

Hi everybody,

i use spa3102 only for outgoing calls to pstn line, connected to it's line port. I use prefix 21 in outbound rule so my sip extensions can exit on pstn line.

I bought 3 more spa3102 with an idea to have more concurrently calls over pstn lines.

Now the problem, there are only 3 routes in outbound rule (that uses prefix 21). Is there a way to use the same prefix for 4 simultaneous calls?

I have 3cx server ver. 9.something

Thank you

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I would have suggested a Patton 4114 instead of 4 SPA3102s because of the 3 trunk limitation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kargo1977

so there is no way to have 1 prefix for more than 3 pstn lines?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One 3102= one trunk, that can't be changed. That is why there are multi trunk gateways available and why they are recommended if you think you will be going beyond just a couple of PSTN trunks.

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

You may duplicate the outbound rule (same prefix) and include other lines, still 1 line = 1 SPA3102.
    The only problem is you can't achieve load balancing, even there were only 3 SPAs or other multiline gateway, i.e. the first line will be used mostly, which could be a problem, if you have free minutes with the provider, etc.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you lived in a location with multiple area codes or, even prefixes, you could create outbound rules dividing the calls that way.

7. kargo1977

Ok, i've just created another rule for the same prefix and routed the calls to the other spa3012 box, but when i try to make second call with the same prefix i get this message in Server Activity Log:
    "There are no available outbound lines on gateway spa3102 at this time"
    which is the first spa box, so it means that the server didn't route the second call right.
    Maybe i missed something, i've created the second rule exactly as the first one, off course, with only difference in "Route" parameter.

8. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

This is the idea. I'll try to replicate it. I did something similar some time ago. Meanwhile which version of 3CX you are using (there are some changes in recent SP4 in this relation) ?

Otherwise you may try and achieve even a kind of load balancing by dividing the extensions in 4 groups - A,B,C,D. Extensions from group A may use lines 1,2,3 (in this priority). Those from B - 2,3,4; from C - 3,4,1; from D - 4,1,2. You need to define 4 outbound rules fo the purpose. This should work with sure and is probably better as approach (otherwise you will use line 1 mostly).

Regards.

9. kargo1977

Thanks for quick response, i have version 9.0.15781..... installed as a server.
    I tried something similar to your idea, only difference is to divide whole bunch of prefixes into few groups, instead of the extensions.
    I'll think a little bit more about this grouping of prefixes, but doubling the same rule would solve the more than 3 routes problem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.