Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to connect to ext outside LAN?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pacpac, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacpac

Hi, how can I connect to the various extensions when connected to my 3CX system outside the LAN?

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Have you read this blog?
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/remote-extensions/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pacpac

Yes, I have read and this allows me to place Direct SIP calls. However, is there a way I can call, for example, extension 200 from extension 100 outside the LAN (both phones connected into 3CX via the Internet)?

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Yes, why not.
    If you have properly setup the phone extensions in 3CX and the phones, it is possible to dial ext. 200 from ext. 100 outside the LAN.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pacpac

I have set up extensions 100 and 200, and connected both (outside the LAN) to a PAP2T. When trying to dial 100 from the 200 extension I just get a fast busy signal, and no ring on 100. Is it possible to use the PAP2T to dial extensions outside the LAN? I have connected 2 DECT phones to the PAP2T.

6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

The PAP2T has two independent working SIP accounts, so it should be possible to dial the other account.
    - Do both accounts (ext. 100 and 200) of the PAP2T register in 3CX?
    - Have you permit the "use of extension outside the LAN" in the properties of the extensions in 3CX?
    - Can you dial from a local extension (inside the LAN) to the remote extension(s) (outside the LAN) v.v.?

7. pacpac

Hi, see below:

1) Yes both accounts are registered in 3CX OK. I can dial out standard numbers with no problems.
    2) Yes, this is permitted.
    3) Unable to try inside LAN, the 3CX is at a dedicated server in a different location.

Advice?

8. complex1

complex1 Active Member

OK,

Dial-out is OK, but if you dial-in, in 3CX, is it possible to accept the call with ext. 100 and/or 200?

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Be sure that the dialplan in the PAP2T, supports the digits you are dialling.
    What does the 3CX log show just after you tried a call, does it show up? Is it getting to 3CX? If not, then it is being blocked within the ATA.

10. pacpac

Nothing shows up in 3CX. This is the dial plan I have set in the PAP2T, which support UK dialing without 00 and country code:

(00x.|<0:0044>[1-357-9]xxxxxxxx|<0:0044>[1-357-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|*xx)

How would it look like to include being able to dial extensions from 100 to 900?

11. complex1

complex1 Active Member

You may add e.g. “|xx.” without quotes in your dialplan.
    (00x.|<0:0044>[1-357-9]xxxxxxxx|<0:0044>[1-357-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|*xx|xx.)

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can also add (in bold). which covers 3 digit numbers from 100 to 999. The S0 (that's a zero) sends the matched digits out immediately, no timeout.

13. pacpac

Thanks, it works. How would the dial plan look in order to dial *777, etc.? As of now, that does not work.

14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you make use of *xx (two digit star codes) then change it to *xx.
    Depending on what codes you use you can break it down a bit more. *[1-689]xS0 would immediately send any two digit star codes beginning with 1 to 9 but not 7. Then *7xxS0 would send three digit star codes beginning with 7.

There are a number of sites that go into detail on how to "craft" a Linksys dialplan...this is but one of them...

http://www.netphonedirectory.com/pap2_dialplan.htm

Another good one with some extra information..

http://www.toao.net/108-linksys-dial-plan-tips

15. pacpac

Thanks for advice, works very well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.