How to connect video conferencing equipment to webmeeting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netelligence, Apr 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netelligence

Greetings,

Webmeeting is a great product, but I have various clients that want to connect video conferencing equipment as one of the endpoints of a webmeeting conference. Products like Yealink VC and Polycom which as far as I can tell is based on h323 and h264 standards. How would I go about connecting those? Is there some sort of gateway that can be used? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Netelligence

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @netelligence

Web meeting technology is based on WebRtc that can be found in browsers like firefox and Google Chrome, that is why no additional software is required. Ip phones do not support that. Additionally to join the meeting you need to click on a link where again the ability to do so does not exist on an IP phone.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You can use video conferencing equipment from Logitech for example, which connect to a standard PC and can be used with 3CX. The whole point of WebRTC is that you dont need expensive / proprietary equipment from for example Polycom. Use any video - and there are many for video conferencing units - that connects to a PC and use that together with 3CX.... We use a Logitech for example with moving camera and special conference microphones. Equipment is just $600 which is cheap for a camera which moves to the speaker automatically.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AGidi

Excuse me which model do you use? I'm in need to arrange a small conference room.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.