• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to connect video conferencing equipment to webmeeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

netelligence

Silver Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Greetings,

Webmeeting is a great product, but I have various clients that want to connect video conferencing equipment as one of the endpoints of a webmeeting conference. Products like Yealink VC and Polycom which as far as I can tell is based on h323 and h264 standards. How would I go about connecting those? Is there some sort of gateway that can be used? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Netelligence

Hello @netelligence

Web meeting technology is based on WebRtc that can be found in browsers like firefox and Google Chrome, that is why no additional software is required. Ip phones do not support that. Additionally to join the meeting you need to click on a link where again the ability to do so does not exist on an IP phone.

You can use video conferencing equipment from Logitech for example, which connect to a standard PC and can be used with 3CX. The whole point of WebRTC is that you dont need expensive / proprietary equipment from for example Polycom. Use any video - and there are many for video conferencing units - that connects to a PC and use that together with 3CX.... We use a Logitech for example with moving camera and special conference microphones. Equipment is just $600 which is cheap for a camera which moves to the speaker automatically.

You can use video conferencing equipment from Logitech for example, which connect to a standard PC and can be used with 3CX. The whole point of WebRTC is that you dont need expensive / proprietary equipment from for example Polycom. Use any video - and there are many for video conferencing units - that connects to a PC and use that together with 3CX.... We use a Logitech for example with moving camera and special conference microphones. Equipment is just $600 which is cheap for a camera which moves to the speaker automatically.

Excuse me which model do you use? I'm in need to arrange a small conference room.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.