Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to control the Outbound CallerID on Ring Groups and Queue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Enoch, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enoch

We have different departments with different outbound numbers, but when say a queue callback is made by the system, the outbound caller ID just shows the Virtual Extension Number of the Trunk.

For example:
    Virtual Extension Number of Trunk 1: 90001
    Sales Department - xxx-xxx-1000
    Technical Department - xxx-xxx-1001

Sales Queue gets a callback request. When the call goes out to the client, we want xxx-xxx-1000 to show instead of 90001. Or when the Technical Queue gets a callback request the CallerID should be xxx-xxx-1001

How can we control the outbound CallerIDs on calls made by Ring Groups and Queue Callback Requests?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In the current implementation of 3CX Phone System, for calls not initiated directly by an extension you cannot set a different Caller ID, so when e.g. a Queue makes a callback (the Queue manager is initiating a call, not an extension) depending on the Trunk that is going to be used, the default Caller ID for that Trunk is going to be used. Given this, I cannot think of a way that you could present Caller ID A when Queue A makes a callback but then present Caller ID B when Queue B makes a callback.

All I can suggest is that you upvote a thread in our 'Ideas' section that is relevant to this:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/post177029.html

3. Enoch

k... I have upvoted the topic. I hope this does get implemented as it looks unprofessional now when our system does callbacks.

4. astuke

Are you using SIP trunks, or PRI?

5. Enoch

We are using SIP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.