How to create multiple SIP trunks with same authentication ID?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcbsys, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

I'm using 3CX 14 SP3.

My VoIP provider has servers in several locations. I can register with multiple locations using the same authentication ID and password.

In 3CX, I set up the first trunk fine. Now I'm trying to create a second trunk to use as an outbound route in case the first one is unavailable.

When I put in the authentication ID for the second trunk, I get a message "A line with this authentication ID already exists. Please enter another one and try again."

How do I set up the second trunk? I don't see why 3CX would care if it registers with multiple servers using the same credentials?

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Which provider are you using?
    It has do do with how it identifies the calls if I recall.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

voip.ms

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I use them for home only...
    I use Flowroute for business connectivity (voip.ms only as a backup) - and Flowroute allows IP based registration... which helps with your very situation. I would ask their support if they have support for this. They are generally pretty responsive.

5. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Thanks Craig. I know how to get around this with voip.ms if I have to (create subaccounts) but I thought I must be doing something wrong because I can't imagine why 3CX would restrict registering with multiple locations using the same credentials.

6. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Craig, why do you prefer Flowroute over voip.ms?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.