• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to delete provisioned phones/multiple devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobaltit

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
So with v12 SP1 you can autoprovision multiple phones to an extension which is great. But how do I delete a phone from my extension, and how do I change which phone my CTI is using?

Hi cobaltit,

To delete a phone from your extension,
1. Open the management console, go to extensions,
2. Double click on the extension to open the extension settings page >> phone provisioning tab
3. To remove any provisioned phone just clear the 'MAC address' field and in the 'Model field' select the option 'Select phone model', press apply when done and the phone will be removed. if you have any further inquiries please let us know.

Best Regards

Hey Andreas,
Thank you for that. Although perhaps a 'Remove' or 'Delete' button might be put on the 'to-do' list for a future release.

You are welcome Cobaltit, if you have any further questions or inquiries please let us know

Best Regards

Hi,

unfortunaly, deleting the mac adress is not working, the PBX then states...

Please enter a valid values for MAC Address

regards
Ingo

AndreasP_3CX said:
To remove any provisioned phone just clear the 'MAC address' field and in the 'Model field' select the option 'Select phone model'
It's not so difficult... ;)

cobaltit said:
Hey Andreas,
Thank you for that. Although perhaps a 'Remove' or 'Delete' button might be put on the 'to-do' list for a future release.

Yeah, there really should be a remove or delete button, that is just bad UI design not to have it..

As i like the idea and once posted the same question, I added a feature request:
http://www.3cx.com/forums/delete-and-reassign-for-phones-already-assigned-o-an-extension-43929.html

Dear CC Team
WE have some issue with deleting the Account Number we tried to delete the Provisioning number nothing is happening.I had gone through the steps mentioned in many blogs nothing working here.
Do let me know how to clear that Number .Infact it should like Select The Number and Delete.

Aijaz

Hi cobaltit,

To delete a phone from your extension,
1. Open the management console, go to extensions,
2. Double click on the extension to open the extension settings page >> phone provisioning tab
3. To remove any provisioned phone just clear the 'MAC address' field and in the 'Model field' select the option 'Select phone model', press apply when done and the phone will be removed. if you have any further inquiries please let us know.

Best Regards
thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gburcham
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.