• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to deny calls between extensions groups ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itgs

Customer
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Example:

Group A (100-119) ---> Group B (120 - 129) : Permit
Group A (100-119) ---> Group C (130 - 139) : Deny

How can I configure this rules ?

Thank you

Your question has been asked before.
Within the Extension group settings you have:

* Can see group members
* Can see group calls

But no way to specifically block between the groups in the Extension group settings. However there are some suggestions in this post: https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/block-internal-calls-between-groups.50397/

Going back to what I said above however if one group cannot see the other group (and its extension numbers) then this would solve the issue loosely however you would not be able to stop users guessing those extension numbers by random dialing.

The only reason I can think that you would want to do this is if you were splitting your PBX between tenants (like creating a mult-tenant environment within the PBX).

While not exactly the same thing, if using the hotel functionality, you may not want to have room-to-room calling. While I have not experienced it personally, I do a number of hotels and have heard claims where a guest would be called and the caller would claim to be from the front desk and indicate that there had been an issue with the guest's credit card and that they needed to get the details again to run it through and get an approval. All the time it was a scam from someone else in the hotel calling rooms simply to try and get the card info. Some systems, when running in a hotel mode, allow for this function.

Example:

Group A (100-119) ---> Group B (120 - 129) : Permit
Group A (100-119) ---> Group C (130 - 139) : Deny

How can I configure this rules ?

Thank you
You can do this with below steps

1. Create an Extension Group under Group Option for your group A (include 100 to 119 ext)
Capture9.JPG
2. then create an Outbound rule as

Capture99.JPG

Basically what is happening here is from group A to selected extension range (starting 13 and lent of 3 is = 130,131,132,...) will be block. and leave the Group B since you don't want to block them
i hope this will work for you

I read today that configuring anything in the outbound rule for this scenario is pointless as it is an internal call and doesnt hit the outbound rule.

you have to go in to each extension and go to "forwarding rules", scroll down to exceptions and say for example:

Calls from call ID 100-109, all hours, end call.

hold control and you'll be able to select multiple extensions.

I read today that configuring anything in the outbound rule for this scenario is pointless as it is an internal call and doesnt hit the outbound rule.

you have to go in to each extension and go to "forwarding rules", scroll down to exceptions and say for example:

Calls from call ID 100-109, all hours, end call.

hold control and you'll be able to select multiple extensions.
It Worked for me though... For Internal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.