Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to determine autoattendant or ringgroup source?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bertbert, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bertbert

Hi,

If i have two different DID's that map to 2 different ringgroups or autoattendats and have the same extension be a member of each, then how can in determine which ringgroup or autoattendant my ringing extension came from? I notice there are friendly names for both autoattendants and ringgroups, is there any way to present that friendly name to SIP phone's display ???

I already left this suggestion in the feature requests area, but figured i would ask the question specifically to what im tryin to do.

We have 5 different DID's that map to different brands that we do product support for. since the same extensions are members of all ringgroups/ autoattendants it would be great to see the friendly name of the ringgroup or autoattendant show up on the SIP phone display, so our support people can answer , [thanks for calling brand XYZ] ... Also if an autoattendant transfers to an autoattendant then our support person would know to say [brand xyz, billing ] or [brand xyz sales] based on what number a customer pressed in the autoattendant tree.

If we simply had a checkbox that allowed the friendly name of a ringgroup or autoattendant or even a DID for that matter to show up in the string that is sent to the SIP phone , that would be fantastic !

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.