How to determine autoattendant or ringgroup source?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bertbert, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bertbert

Hi,

If i have two different DID's that map to 2 different ringgroups or autoattendats and have the same extension be a member of each, then how can in determine which ringgroup or autoattendant my ringing extension came from? I notice there are friendly names for both autoattendants and ringgroups, is there any way to present that friendly name to SIP phone's display ???

I already left this suggestion in the feature requests area, but figured i would ask the question specifically to what im tryin to do.

We have 5 different DID's that map to different brands that we do product support for. since the same extensions are members of all ringgroups/ autoattendants it would be great to see the friendly name of the ringgroup or autoattendant show up on the SIP phone display, so our support people can answer , [thanks for calling brand XYZ] ... Also if an autoattendant transfers to an autoattendant then our support person would know to say [brand xyz, billing ] or [brand xyz sales] based on what number a customer pressed in the autoattendant tree.

If we simply had a checkbox that allowed the friendly name of a ringgroup or autoattendant or even a DID for that matter to show up in the string that is sent to the SIP phone , that would be fantastic !

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.