How to dial functions with * and #

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by palsbo, Apr 4, 2007.

1. palsbo

As no public nubers in this country starts with '1', I made outbound rules for numbers starting with 0 and 2-9 to go to the VOIP gateway.
    Quite nice - no prefix for outside numbers :D !
    I also want 'numbers' with * and # to go to the PSTN-gateway, but this is not possible :eek:
    Quite understandable, but is there a way around this? :?:

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes there is but the IVR is not the best place to do that.

Best place is the ATA so all number dialed will conform with the same dial plan. So you can configure this in the dial plan on your ATA.

On the IVR you should only use the prefix to detemine where the call should be routed too.

But that is my opinion.

Henk.

---------------
    Perhaps you can do something with the digital map on your phone aswell, but it is not really designed for number prefixing.
    --------------

3. palsbo

Not sure I understand :oops:
    Then I would have to change it on alle ATA's and still not solve the problem on softphones :?:
    Or did I miss something?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ATA is the device sitting between the VSP and 3cx. So that would be something like a SPA3102 if you do not have one do not worry about it. Common is one per system, one ATA and multiple SIP phones than you only have to change the ATA. It takes the number and drops the leading prefix.

Now back to the outbound rules, you can setup multiple outbound rules in 3cx. Same as you have done with the 0 and 2-9.

Make on for * and # that should work would it not?

H.

5. palsbo

Unfortunately not - if you se the quote in mig first posting, you will see why. A sip address like *61@192.168.1.10 cannot be legal and that is what it generates.