• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to dial functions with * and #

Status
Not open for further replies.

palsbo

Reaction score
As no public nubers in this country starts with '1', I made outbound rules for numbers starting with 0 and 2-9 to go to the VOIP gateway.
Quite nice - no prefix for outside numbers :D !
I also want 'numbers' with * and # to go to the PSTN-gateway, but this is not possible :eek:
Can not resolve target for call from "103"<sip:[email protected]>;tag=d6cc893b7808fec3o0 to <sip:*[email protected]>
Quite understandable, but is there a way around this? :?:

Yes there is but the IVR is not the best place to do that.

Best place is the ATA so all number dialed will conform with the same dial plan. So you can configure this in the dial plan on your ATA.

On the IVR you should only use the prefix to detemine where the call should be routed too.

But that is my opinion.

Henk.

---------------
Perhaps you can do something with the digital map on your phone aswell, but it is not really designed for number prefixing.
--------------

itfarmer said:
Yes there is but the IVR is not the best place to do that.

Best place is the ATA so all number dialed will conform with the same dial plan. So you can configure this in the dial plan on your ATA.

On the IVR you should only use the prefix to detemine where the call should be routed too.

But that is my opinion.

Henk.

---------------
Perhaps you can do something with the digital map on your phone aswell, but it is not really designed for number prefixing.
--------------
Not sure I understand :oops:
Then I would have to change it on alle ATA's and still not solve the problem on softphones :?:
Or did I miss something?

ATA is the device sitting between the VSP and 3cx. So that would be something like a SPA3102 if you do not have one do not worry about it. Common is one per system, one ATA and multiple SIP phones than you only have to change the ATA. It takes the number and drops the leading prefix.

Now back to the outbound rules, you can setup multiple outbound rules in 3cx. Same as you have done with the 0 and 2-9.

Make on for * and # that should work would it not?

H.

itfarmer said:
ATA is the device sitting between the VSP and 3cx. So that would be something like a SPA3102 if you do not have one do not worry about it. Common is one per system, one ATA and multiple SIP phones than you only have to change the ATA. It takes the number and drops the leading prefix.

Now back to the outbound rules, you can setup multiple outbound rules in 3cx. Same as you have done with the 0 and 2-9.

Make on for * and # that should work would it not?

H.
Unfortunately not - if you se the quote in mig first posting, you will see why. A sip address like *[email protected] cannot be legal and that is what it generates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.