• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to Dial OUT on a specific line - everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andykeen

Reaction score
Hi All.

Our client has a very small installation - using PSTN ONLY on a grandstream 4104 and 5 GXP2100's - 3cx V10 SP5.

They have 2 physical phone lines and overall things work fine - however they have been having a few issues with crackling and noise and so I did a BT line noise test.

When BT confirms the line number it is different to what they are expecting it to be - i.e. their main number is 1234 and their fax number 6789. They want ALL the phone calls (unless its busy) to go out on 1234 but they are going out on 6789 which they want to keep as clear as possible unless their main one is busy.

My questions is - How do I get the 3cx system to dial out on 1234 first and then 6789 if its busy - I can seem to find out anywhere.

I tried to do the logical thing by swapping the cables over on the 4108 - however it must be a setting somewhere in the 3cx as it still insists on dialing out on 6789

Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Andy

Not exactly what you're looking for, but you might consider calling the phone company to have the line fixed. Crackling /static is usually an indication of moisture in the line. Maybe they can swap you over to another line if needed...

While not perhaps the ideal solution, perhaps instead of using a 4104, use two each one or two port gateways (using only one line on each if two ports) and then set the outbound rules in order of preference. You will have two inbound trunks (each gateway with its own IP, essentially 2 PSTN providers) and can set the line (gateway) with fax traffic to always go where you need and then make two outbound rules pointing to the voice gateway first and then the fax gateway second. I am assuming that you have the fax line also feeding into 3CX as well.

I think your current issue is that there isn't really a set of negotiations that occur between 3CX and the GS Gateway to determine how a route might occur and then make a selection based upon some pre-determined logic. Imagine a 24 port gateway.

I will give this some more thought as I haven't really thought it all the way through and having spent most of the night changing a network around am even suspect of my own suggestion at the moment.....no matter how good it originally sounded.

You need to have someone check the physical line, even if you use one line for all outgoing lines that analog line still needs to be checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.