• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to disable "call waiting" on the phones with my own PBX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

somic

Reaction score
Hello,

I did read the similar thread http://www.3cx.com/forums/how-to-disable-call-waiting-in-the-3cxphone-21051.html

But the answer was to go to the 3XC Management Console, which I don't have because we're using our own custom Asterisk PBX. Is there an option to just use one line within the 3CX Phone itself? I have a queue system going on and the queue doesn't understand that a person is occupied because 3CXPhone accepts the phone call on the other line and just stays there trying to call the "available" person.

Thank you for your assistance.

Re: How to disable "call waiting" on the phones with my own

this is probably a setting that you will have to find in your asterisk pbx to only allow 1 call at a time. the 3cx phone for windows does not have an option to limit the number of calls. it will except 5 i do beleive. your pbx should have an option to limit it or to trust the pbx busy option and not the phone busy option.

Hi

You can try following:

exit 3CXphone application, then, in its configuration file, under [General] section, add the following line:
OneCallMode=1
Save configuration file and start 3CXPhone.

After this tuning, 3CXphone will simply ignore any incoming call, coming from any active account, if there is at least one active call in progress. These ignored calls will be recorded as missed calls in phone's call history.

Keep in mind this is considered an "unsupported" feature, it means it might be changed or removed in the future and there is no tech support for it. Also, be extremely careful when you're using it: if you will forget you have enabled it, you will wonder why your phone accepts only one incoming call.

Hope it helps
vali

Vali_3CX said:
Hi

You can try following:

exit 3CXphone application, then, in its configuration file, under [General] section, add the following line:
OneCallMode=1
Save configuration file and start 3CXPhone.

vali

Sorry Vali,
but where is the 3CX softphone configuration file located in newer version (19920).
It is not in "C:\Program Files\3CXPhone" any more ?

Regards,
Orlin

eagle2 said:
where is the 3CX softphone configuration file located in newer version (19920).
It is not in "C:\Program Files\3CXPhone" any more ?
Hi Orlin

3CXPhone's configuration file has never been in "Program Files", because configuration is per computer's user; therefore, it's located in user's folder in "Document and Settings".

The easiest way to access it is from 3CXPhone's Debug window, File menu, Configuration folder... option - there is the 3CXVoipPhone.ini file.

Regards
vali

Thanks Vali,

It's OK via Debug menu, otherwise I can't find it (I suppose it's my fault).

Regards

On the Asterisk server there are parameters in the SIP.CONF file which will control how many calls the phone is handling before it is considered busy and deal with the call accordingly.

There is a global parameter to be set:

limitonpeer=yes

And then per-peer variables:

call-limit=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.