Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to disable "call waiting" on the phones with my own PBX?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by somic, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somic

Hello,

I did read the similar thread http://www.3cx.com/forums/how-to-disable-call-waiting-in-the-3cxphone-21051.html

But the answer was to go to the 3XC Management Console, which I don't have because we're using our own custom Asterisk PBX. Is there an option to just use one line within the 3CX Phone itself? I have a queue system going on and the queue doesn't understand that a person is occupied because 3CXPhone accepts the phone call on the other line and just stays there trying to call the "available" person.

Thank you for your assistance.

2. willow

willow Member

Re: How to disable "call waiting" on the phones with my own

this is probably a setting that you will have to find in your asterisk pbx to only allow 1 call at a time. the 3cx phone for windows does not have an option to limit the number of calls. it will except 5 i do beleive. your pbx should have an option to limit it or to trust the pbx busy option and not the phone busy option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

You can try following:

exit 3CXphone application, then, in its configuration file, under [General] section, add the following line:
    OneCallMode=1
    Save configuration file and start 3CXPhone.

After this tuning, 3CXphone will simply ignore any incoming call, coming from any active account, if there is at least one active call in progress. These ignored calls will be recorded as missed calls in phone's call history.

Keep in mind this is considered an "unsupported" feature, it means it might be changed or removed in the future and there is no tech support for it. Also, be extremely careful when you're using it: if you will forget you have enabled it, you will wonder why your phone accepts only one incoming call.

Hope it helps
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Sorry Vali,
    but where is the 3CX softphone configuration file located in newer version (19920).
    It is not in "C:\Program Files\3CXPhone" any more ?

Regards,
    Orlin

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Orlin

3CXPhone's configuration file has never been in "Program Files", because configuration is per computer's user; therefore, it's located in user's folder in "Document and Settings".

The easiest way to access it is from 3CXPhone's Debug window, File menu, Configuration folder... option - there is the 3CXVoipPhone.ini file.

Regards
    vali

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Thanks Vali,

It's OK via Debug menu, otherwise I can't find it (I suppose it's my fault).

Regards

7. frinklabs

On the Asterisk server there are parameters in the SIP.CONF file which will control how many calls the phone is handling before it is considered busy and deal with the call accordingly.

There is a global parameter to be set:

limitonpeer=yes

And then per-peer variables:

call-limit=1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.