How to disable CTI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CarmaiConstant, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarmaiConstant

Is there a way to not use or disable the CTI feature?

When I am "Out of the Office", I want to be able to simply use the softphone and talk through it.
    I don't need to control my handset device.

Currently the 3CXPhone for Windows seems to be stuck in CTI mode.

I tried following the instruction below to switch from CTI to softphone. However, I can't seem to find this button and drop down the instruction are referring to.

CTI Mode Instructions
    http://www.3cx.com/3CXPhone/Windows/Manual/CTI/

I also tried to change the Default Phone to Use to Inbuilt Softphone in the Administration Console. However, the softphone is still in CTI mode and the 3CXPhone for Windows always calls my cell phone when I attempt a phone call.

My current work arround is to use the old softphone client (ver 6) which allows me to have a softphone and handset working simutanously.

Thanks

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I have not been able to get this to happen in the manner in the instructons.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/cannot-get-3cx-phone-out-of-cti-mode-37118.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. heccblack

you get solution from this http://www.3cx.com/blog/support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Chris Tabone

Hi there,

Kindly note that V12 is still in beta and some features are still missing/not implemented.

Wait for the actual release for the 3CXPhone and test this again.

5. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi, with the current beta you can only use CTI mode not the the Softphone mode. Feel free to ask if you have any further questions or inquiries

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

So the instructions have come before the feature set being implemented... thought i was going crazy.

7. sbianco

Hi there,

Kindly note that this functions regarding Version 12 related software will not be fully operational until the release as previously discussed. Should you encounter additional issues with regards to this issue you have raised, please advise and we shall proceed accordingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.