How to disable or troubleshoot CTI.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by new8, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new8

Hi Guys, CTI is new to me. CTI is not working with version 12 SP1 and with my Yealink VP530 phone. I was able to make one call from the desktop 3CXPhone application for windows after installing SP1 the old (non-CTI) method of the PBX calling the handset first then calling the other party. It then switched to CTI mode, it does not dial the phone, and I cannot figure how to turn it off. The only options on the CTI drop down menu are 3CXphone (softphone) or cancel. Shouldn't there be an option there to disable CTI.

thanks
    Tom

2. new8

I tried my new Yealink T46G phone and the CTI does not work there either.

After a little more testing, it does not seem that the 3CXPHone Green Call button is working in CTI mode.

Tom

3. justin-mag

4. tom_ch

3CX only supports firmware 8.7.3.19

5. justin-mag

Where is that documented????

It worked with the previous MyPhone now it does not. Correct me if I am wrong but there is very little functional difference between 8.4 vs 8.7 and 8.4.35 is a current supported release of the firmware from snom.

Last year Snom's firmware release 8.7 had several issues. http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/snom-issue-firmware-8-7/

6. tom_ch

Here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/Docs/Snom-Provisioning/

7. justin-mag

I do not read it that way. I could be wrong.

This tells me these instructions have only been tested on specific firmware version.

an earlier article used the same phase word for word.
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/snom-provisioning/

How to Guides should include the software/firmware/hardware used to do the job so the reader knows what is required to get the job done. If the reader uses different firmware the verbiage, pictures, instructions are going to change and its up to the reader to figure out the differences. If the How To Guide does not include this vital detail the guide is useless as we do not know how to apply it.

I do not think this one sentence in one article is meant to limit support to this single firmware version.

8. new8

So can CTI be turned off when it does not work?

9. justin-mag

Tom_ch is correct 3CX and Snom firmware 8.4.35 no longer like each other. 8.7.19 is required to get CTI to work correctly. So if you are having problem with CTI, start looking at the firmware of your phone.

I have tested this on only one phone, rolling this out on other phones.

I do have a suggestion for 3CX a document listing phones with current tested firmwares.

I am a big believer if it is not broken do not fix it. Would not have updated to V12 but was ordered to. The one who ordered the update is now not happy with the new 3CXPhone/Myphone/Presence application.

Sorry to say this application needs allot of work. The previous application was allot more usable.
    The new app has lots of issues
    color is horrible
    Can not resize the main window
    Can not sort vmails
    Deleting vmails is difficult
    To play a vmail starting from 3CXPhone-Window requires 5 mouse clicks and 1 double mouse click. this should be 2 maybe 3.
    Presence window does not maintain size, Close the Presence then open it back up, it goes back to Monitor 1 as Maximized
    Should be able to dock the 3cxPhone window into the Presence window
    Should be able to dock the chat windows into the presence window.

This is not a complete list.

10. rogueblackburn

@tarbender - seeing that your post got hi-jacked a bit, let me try to help:

1. the 3CX Phone for Windows V12 operates in eiter CTI mode (connects to a supported Telefone and dials out via that phone), or as standalone SIP Phone on your Windows PC/Notebook.

2. In CTI Mode, the client gives access to certain functions on the 3CX PhoneSystem like presence, call history, conference scheduler etc, and also a dial pad plus hot-key dialing (like copy / paste + deisgnatet hotkey). It is important that the desk phone uses the firmware recommended by 3CX, else the CTI part does not work. To update the firmware, in the management console go to your telephones overwiew, select your T46G, then in the top right corner is a small arrow icon, drop down menu, Firmware Update. This automates the process and installes the correct firmware on your phone.

3. To set the default mode of the 3CX Phone for Windows V12, in the management console edit the extension, tab 3CX Phone, chose the default type and start up screen, for example SIP Phone if you dont want CTI mode, or the other way round.

Now if I recall correctly, the newer Yealink Phones like the T46G are not yet fully integrated with the 3CX Phone Windows V12, in other words it uses the "Make Call" feature rather than automated CTI - at least that is what it does here on my side. I can dial a number from the 3CX Phone, and on the Yealink T46G get the option to make the call. Incoming calls are shown in the 3CX Phone client, but I can't answer it via the client, have to answer on the phone itself. On the older Yealink models like T38G and T28, as well as certain snom models, the CTI works with the correct firmware installed on the telephone.

Hope I was able to shed some light there for you..

11. infonetics

I believe you can still use the old Winphone/Myphone combo with v.12 server, just not the other way around.

12. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

Most CTI problems stem from the fact that most phones use outdated firmware, when you are configuring extensions with CTI in mind always upgrade the phone's firmware from the 3CX Management Console by first logging in then going to 'Phones' node, select your phone and click on 'Upgrade Firmware'.
    Use this method only to update firmware, do not download firmware directly from manufacturers websites since they might be beta or not properly tested with 3CX Phone System, only update through the 3CX Management Console since the firmware listed there has been tested extensively to work without any problems with 3CX Phone System 12.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to let us know,

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.