• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to disable STUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

banksy

Reaction score
Is it possible to fully disable stun?

Its not needed in our setup as we have a public IP.

Ive tried to remove the stun entries, however we still get

[CM306002]: There is no valid STUN server specified! External IP can not be resolved.

in the log files.

I thought I had found a way round it by making all ips internal (that allows the registration to go through), but stops calls going out. Ive check and the firewall ports are opened, though the firewall checker wont run.

Regards

Paul Banks

Hi there,
I dont believe there is a way to stop stun server from trying to ping, since like you say when you remove the details it still looks for a server. It might just be easier for you to put the stun server addresses in and leave it.

you have a pubblic IP on the 3cx NIC???
if you are after a NAT you can not stop teh stun request. only if you have a public IP on your 3CX and no NAT.

I ended up re-enabling it (with a very long time between checks) even though I've got a public IP as well.

My scenario is slightly different - I've configured 3CX on a VM behind a NAT, but through a little bit of routing magic on the VM host, the VM NIC is assigned the public IP, and this routes out through the NAT to...the public IP.

The 3cx nic deff has a public IP.

Im wondering if making the whole of the internet as local in the config file would solve this?

Stopping STUN should be possible as we dont need or want to open those ports up on the firewall. (the port is open atm though). A tick box rather than deleting entries would be a better solution to what doesnt work at the minute.

Im guessing since we are on a public ip the stun server cannt respond back though as it cannt read the header from a non nat TCP header.

This does seem to be liking things at the minute as far as external access goes.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.