Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to display incoming call?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jacky18, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacky18

Hi

I have a few pstn line and planning to move them into 3cx via SPA3102

Currently I have 6 sip phones (SPA 922) calling and receiving calls via my voip provider.

Here's the real question. 8)

The requirement is to identify where the incoming call comes from when someone picks up the phone. The reason for this is that the 2 pstn lines are for different business while the other is for another business. In this regard, we need to know how display which line the incoming calls from rather than the phone number of the caller.

Is this possible? or am I confusing everyone :shock:

Thanks for your help :mrgreen:

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi there,

Connect a normal analog phone with display to the line and see if you have caller ID. If not, contact your telco. If yes, provided you have correctly configured the patton you should get caller ID.

Thanks,

3. Henk

Henk Member

yes it is possible and will work,

To look for is to make sure that you allow the DTMF signal to come through (time wise), if you forward the call to quickly the CLID will not show.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jacky18

Thanks all

I shall give it a shot :)

5. matictec

matictec New Member

You can define DIDs or MSN with the option "Override incoming Caller ID with DID name". Then you can see the name or number of the DID/MSN on incoming calls in the display of the phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello,
    you can add a number in spa3102 pstn page /PSTN CID Number Prefix:91 and 92 in the second device and so on

or PSTN CID Name Prefix:L1 and L2 in the second device and so on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.