Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to display multiply DDIs on one Cisco 7960

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sharmack, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharmack

Hi Guys

I need to find a way to be able to display what DDI has been called on a Cisco 7960 phone
    I have a scenario like this:
    5 DDIs are pointing to one ext. 1000, which is part of 5 different hunt groups
    Ext 1000 acts like a receptionist for those hunt groups
    Everything is working fine however I need to know what DDI has been called
    so receptionist can answer the calls accordingly eg
    if the call came via DDI 0845 XXXXX 01 I need to be able to display it on the phone so it can be answered eg. Company A
    if the call came via DDI 0845 XXXXX 02 I need to be able to display it on the phone so it can be answered eg. Company B
    etc etc

At the moment I can only see what number is calling unless its anonymous but I really need to display what number has been called.

On top of that I need to assign a name to each DDI so preferable instead of seeing what DDI is being called I can see the name so its even easier to answer accordingly

To summarize its 1 Cisco 7960 acting as reception with 5 DDIs pointing to it where I need to see on the screen what DDI is being called to answer it accordingly.

Any ideas how to do it
    Cheers
    Shaun

2. worksighted

worksighted New Member

If you just tick the box on the DID setup to overide incoming caller ID with DID name, I believe you will have what you want.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sharmack

Hi
    I'm using Small Business version 7 but I'm not sure which tick box are you referring to?
    Is it Edit VOIP Provider DID tab SIP field section with drop down?
    or
    Is it EDIT VOIP Provider/EDIT Port Settings ->Other options

Or is it somewhere else?

I have attached pictures for above scenario
    Coulkd you please have a look and let me know if its a right place or
    could do a print screen and post to me please ?
    Cheers
    Shaun

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.