how to do an autodial

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bblokey, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bblokey

Does anyone know if it is possible to setup a phone that once the handset is picked up that it would dial an extension?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I know that the Sipura/Linksys/Cisco ATAs will do this using an analogue phone. Haven't actually tried with the VoIP sets but i would think that it is possible given that the options are very similar. It's done in the dialplan, the same way you set up the PSTN side to "DIAL" through to the trunk number of the 3CX when a call comes in on the FXO port.

3. bblokey

Can't believe I forgot that... This will be easy to test. Thanks for reminder.

4. voipbaennjer

I think the Grandstream phones have this feature. But I have to check this out when I'm back home...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

It's a function of the specific phone you have and not a feature of the PBX software. Linksys SPA9xx, Cisco 5xx, and Grandstream phones can all do it. I am not sure about others off the top of my head.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Please tell me how to do this, I miss my ring back phone from Astroworld so much.

7. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

What phone?

8. voipbaennjer

At the Grandstream BT200 / GXP280 and GXP1200 the number to dial can be entered under "Advanced Settings" / "Off Hook Autodial"

9. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Cisco 7940
    Linksys SPA-3102
    Linksys SPA-942

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the Linksys devices set up a dialplan the does an immediate call forward. In the dialplan (DP)you are going to use create an entry like...(S0<:301) . Set the line to use that dialplan. When the phone goes off hook it will dial EXT 301. Don't forget to modify the dialplan digits, if necessary, to allow the call forwarded number. make sure you can dial whatever number from the set, first, before you "force" the forwarding. It is done that same way an incoming PSTN call gets "forwarded" to the 1000X number in the 3CX when there is an incoming call on the PSTN port.

11. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Wow, That is so cool. Thank You for that tip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.