How to enable a remote location?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by noobie2, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noobie2

Dear All,

I have downloaded and installed 3CX! What a great piece of software! It is working internally on my home LAN. However, how would I set up a remote location using CISCO 7940 phones so that they can reach internal extensions. Please see attached drawing of what i am trying to achieve. Pictures speak louder than words! :) (for those interested, picture created in MS Visio 2007)

I have set up my 3CX server with a static ip behind my router. The router auto updates the dynamic IP using the DYNDNS.org website, so I can always reach the server by entering http://www.something.dyndns.org.

How do I configure 3cx and the cisco phone such that extension 104 can call etn 101 and vise versa?

many thanks for your help

Mark

PS Please be kind... I'm a noobie2!

2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

You must use a fixed IP at minimum at 3CX location.
    What will be with your call if 3CX externall IP suddenly change?

I would recommend VPN tunnel between locations. Just install cheap Dlink DI-804HV VPN routers or build VPN tunel with exisitng routers, if them support VPN.
    After that connect 104 Ext directly to 3CX server.
    That's all

3. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Even without tunnel it should be easy.
    What question do you really have. The whole idea of remote extensions is that you just fill out the EXTERNAL IP of your 3CX phonesystem and you fill out the extensionnumber and password. That should be enough to "find" eachother.
    Maybe you should open some ports, but that can be found here in the forum. NAT gives some problems so now and then.
    Please when you ask questions maybe it's possible to be more specific.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.