Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to estimate minutes used

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LukeL, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeL

I need to come up with a relatively accurate number of inbound and outbound external minutes used per month. What is the most accurate and simple way to do this?
    We used Appia and Nexvortex for the past several months but we had consistently bad quality service, no audio, one way audio and severe audio quality problems. I tried Sigmavoip because they offered us a week long free trial and we had no problem at all with them but they don't offer packages. I need to get some exact numbers for an accurate estimate because they charge by the minute and we run a high volume call center. I must also subtract toll free dialed numbers from the minutes count. Any tips or insight will be much appreciated.

2. naked

Hi,
    If you are using 3CX then the Call reporter provides all the information you need. For excellent audio quality, where possible use a SIP provider's connectivity so that the connection only deals with voice. If that is not possible use a router that has Quality of Service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LukeL

Thank you Richard. I was thinking of doing something with CSV files to clean up toll free calls. On your response about connectivity, both of our previous providers blamed our Juniper router but we did not have any issue with Sigmavoip and that leads me to believe that the router is just fine and so is our connectivity. I did post a thread seeking suggestions for our router setup in case there is something we missed but my manager today decided to forego a detailed call breakdown for the estimate and we went into production. I hope all stays stable and as well as it was for the 10 days. It looks like the pricing will probably be around the same if not less.

4. naked

Hi LukeL,
    If they have contention in their network, then any prioritization you do with the Juniper will have minimal affect.

I wish you well now that it is in production.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.