Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to force registration*Discussion

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leejor, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: ? How to force registration

Registration (minimum) time is usually set by the VoIP provider, but you should be able to specify an even shorter time if desired. I've never seen anything to force a registration on a device other than a re-boot/power up. It's not something that you would want to have to remember to do. If a trunk is not showing as registered then you probably need to determine why and correct that problem

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

If you change settings related to VoIP provider registration then PBX should refresh it automatically.
    Attached pictures show locations of "Refresh registration" button.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, sorry, I was referring to a SIP device such as an ATA attached to 3CX.

"The registrar MAY choose an expiration less than the requested
    expiration interval. If and only if the requested expiration
    interval is greater than zero AND smaller than one hour AND
    less than a registrar-configured minimum, the registrar MAY
    reject the registration with a response of 423 (Interval Too
    Brief). This response MUST contain a Min-Expires header field
    that states the minimum expiration interval the registrar is
    willing to honor. It then skips the remaining steps."
    ( Quote from section 10 of... http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3261.txt )

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Phones are clients of PBX. As a server PBX can not force a client to register.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Are there any other IP PBX systems that have this functionality? I can't think of any that I have worked with.

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I realize this is a few days old now but I just wanted to put in my 2c worth.

From a programming point of view, 3cx cannot force a registration of a client - that is impossible - unless the client already has a way to call this remotely using tcp/ip. So unless Cisco, Snom etc. all put a way to fore a re-register function in their api for each phone (or SIP protocol is changed) then it cannot be done.

However, the feature of reregistering a phone is possible and available for you via 3cx (sorry if it sounds like i am contradicting the last statement). By definition each phone (or ATA) is web based and most if not all have a web interface. By clicking on the Phone in the phone menu on 3cx you can launch the client interface for the phone. Then you can use the client interface to force a registration (in some cases that means a reboot).

Hope that helps you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.