Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to get "Night Ring" without ringing to smartphone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by epeterson, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epeterson

Hello everyone. We just got 3CX 14 SP2 up and running a week ago and I'm trying to get everything tweaked the way we want it.

Our official office hours are from 8:00am-5:00pm M-F but on a typical weekday we have people in the office from 5:30am-8:00pm. Is there a way to alert anyone that may be in the office during off hours that there is an incoming call on the main line without disturbing people outside the office (by ringing their smartphone app)?

I tried setting up day & night ring groups but the problem with that is having a dozen phones in the "Night Ring" group (so the ringing phone can be heard anywhere in the office) also rings a dozen smartphone apps of people that shouldn't be bothered because they are off the clock.

Any help is appreciated!

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I have this same issue for a few users... I think I saw they are working on this to see if there is a way to overcome it.

(I've removed them from the night ring group [Most Phones] for now...)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sopock

Sopock Member

Maybe they should add some location based ring group when mobile app is using office Wi-Fi?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The first issue is setting how/who it is that will be notified of an after hours call. If the person(s) has their extension set to ring a cell phone as well as the hard phone, then it stands to reason that these folks should not be candidates to be the "go to" people for answering calls. You could always set-up additional extensions on multi-line phones where the ring group could ring after hours on the second extension and by virtue of the call coming in on the "second line", they will know This also assumes that the cell phone(s) is no longer set-up to the second extension; thereby eliminating the issue. Instead of a ring group, you could simply make the second extension the same for those phones who have the need and set it to ring for X seconds after which it then forwards to your "true" after-hours settings for calls that come in before or after the occupancy of the site. A queue might also be considered so the caller is greeted with your message and knows that something is trying to occur.

5. epeterson

Hopefully by a couple phones ringing within hearing distance/anyone that happens to be in the office outside of regular business hours.

Thank you, I think the additional extension idea sounds like the way to go (if I can figure it out).

I do have a group of test queues set up with a greeting (another post) and I'm trying to eliminate the default "Please wait while I transfer your call" message between queues.

6. craigreilly

I think the only option right now for "Please wait while I transfer your call"" is to find this user "Settings->System Prompts" and upload a short silence wav file.

PLSHOLD
    please_hold.wav

7. epeterson

I'm failing at adding a second extension to my phone (for testing I'm only messing with my phone).

I want to do this through the 3CX management console so I can hopefully make the changes in bulk when implementing this "Night Ring" feature.

8. craigreilly

I guess you could in theory add the same extension to every phone. Hard code this into the template for Account 2.
    Then Night Ring rings every phone that has the 2nd account.
    (Perhaps a 2nd template for those phones)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.