• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to get pre-sales support. Not config.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasAJ

Reaction score
eg I cannot clearly understand difference between 3CX Assistant, 3CX softphone, 3CX myphone.

Does '3CX Assistant for Terminal Services' (and/or 3CX itself) need to run on the same computer as applications (eg Outlook or Salesforce) that will interect with 3CX to say show details of an incoming caller if that caller's details are in Outlook.

and other technical non-config pre-sales support questions.

OR

to save time do I just buy the darn thing (eg a 4 call licence - I do want to buy it regardless of the answers to above questions) and *then* get support from 3CX direct.

BTW is detailed support provided from 3CX head office OR the local supplier. If it's the local supplier then do they know the product anywhere near as well as head office tech?

many thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

For your question regarding pre sales questions I sent you a PM with details.

For information regarding MyPhone here is the user manual. http://www.3cx.com/blog/myphone/

Thanks,
Nate

(1) 3CX softphone or any other IP hardware phone is the device you talk into and listen to the other party.

(2) 3CX phone assistant up to version 9 and 3CX myphone in version 10 is an optional utility (user console) which may be used with any phone (softphone, hardphone, ATA) to automate / ease your processes. You can not talk via 3CX assistant / myphone, but can initiate a call or handle it.

The 3cx server software does not need to on the same server as any other apps though it has to be reachable via the network. One of the benefits of the 3cx is that it can reside on the same server thus saving the customer money.

in order to get the outlook intergration they will need to install myphone or 3cx assistant on each pc. if you purchase a new system you will porbably get the myphone app. which is a web based app that you can install locally.

Also alot of us Local retailers know the product very well and a good resellers should be be able to answer your questions with out issue or delay. if you encounter a reseller that can not answer your questions then you probably need to find another reseller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.