• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to get the phonebook working for SPA50xG phones in 3CX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkboers

Reaction score
Well this is a question I am currently working on and I saw a couple of posts clearly indicating it is possible to use the cisco_phonebook.xml file linked with a provisioned Phone. It has to work (that I am sure of)
Sadly the SPA502G and SPA504G phones we are using are only capable of reading 32 max numbers from the phonebook file. Or else the Phone can't find the cisco_phonebook.xml file at all!

Further info: Situation is explained in below link from another forum.
https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2064904

Sadly we got more than the 32 numbers that the phones are capable of. So how can I change the phonebook file to get it to work. Or how can I change the provisioning file for the SPA504G Phone so it shows the first 32 numbers and with a button on the Phone I can jump to page 2 or something or can we scroll to another phonebook or something?

Or does anyone got a good idea how to deal with this......?

Re: How to get the phonebook working for SPA50xG phones in 3

I am using the same phones as you and if you add the numbers into the company phone book in 3CX under settings company phone book this seems to work and doesn't have a limit that I've noticed, also works for identifying incoming calls.

Well that is one way to do it but with around 200 numbers I'd rather do it with provisioning. There should be a good way to get it in there through that way.

But to be honest if you gonna punch in every number even more than 32 in your personal directory it works.....???!!!! Making it even harder to accept that it isn't possible.

for cisco it is not the amoungt of entries it is the file size as silly as it sounds.
if your tbook is <=1024 bite okey if it is >1024 u see nothing...

Got the cisco_phonebook.xml at 21 KB so got it doubled to what is needed. Any way to split that xml file in two parts and link some buttons underneath it...?

Hi all,
Please check v12.5 RC for new cisco phonebook server which gets rid of limitations in memory and max num of entries.

Thanks, looks like a sollution. Will try it out next month when the company is completly closes so I can start updating to V12.5. We are still on v 11 but with enough servicepacks available for V12 it looks like the product is good enough to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WarwickHope
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.