how to "green" 3cx phone system?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rewing, Oct 19, 2007.

1. rewing

A lot of software have been greenized. A green software means it won't add anything into system register talbe.

I read about manually start and stop service via .bat file. And I can't help thinking about how to realize green 3cx.

for green 3cx. We could copy all the files from directory "3CX PhoneSystem" and paste it to another PC. The following stuff is to make a batch file to run the services. I wonder how to make this batch file to realize it?

Is it possible?

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

please specify a list these "greenized" software :shock:

3. rewing

greenize means you don't have to make change in system registry! the program can run instance and don't need to install it.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

I understand what "greenized" means.
    I asked for list of titles.

Thanks

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

To install 3Cx Phone System on another PC, you need to run setup again. You can not just copy the files....

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I think he realized that it needs to be installed an the other system, like most other software out there.

The closest you can get with a lot of software including 3CX is using a virtual machine. If you use Virtual PC you can run 3CX on 1 system and if you needed to you can move the virtual files (only 2 of them) to the new PC.

When software that runs as a service (so you don't need to log in for it to run) you always have to do somekind of installation.