• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to identify wich trunk is receiving the call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbarna

Reaction score
Hello,

I have several trunks for incoming calls. Each trunk is associated to one person -- when receiving an incoming call, I need to know the related trunk in order to customize the call. Please, does someone know how to identify the trunk being used at the moment the softphone is ringing?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

If you have 1 trunk per person then you must have 1 DID per person if you are associating them with a trunk.

Set the inbound rules for each trunk to forward to the extension it is associated with.

I am a bit confused with your question so I will make a few assumptions. IF you have a DID per trunk and that DID is pointed to a specific extension, simply give the DID a recognizable name. You can also create a ring group for every trunk, give the group a recognizable name and assign the desired extension or extensions to it. It will display the group name before the caller ID. Hope it helps (there are many options but these are the easiest ones).

Thank you Mark and Charles!!!

Charles, I know that my text was not very clear since I was writing at 4:00AM my time :shock:
Anyway, your tip was very good and I could do what I needed -- Identify wich trunk is ringing through Ring Group: MUCH APPRECIATED! :mrgreen:

Best,

Daniel Barna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.