Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to identify wich trunk is receiving the call?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dbarna, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbarna

Hello,

I have several trunks for incoming calls. Each trunk is associated to one person -- when receiving an incoming call, I need to know the related trunk in order to customize the call. Please, does someone know how to identify the trunk being used at the moment the softphone is ringing?

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

If you have 1 trunk per person then you must have 1 DID per person if you are associating them with a trunk.

Set the inbound rules for each trunk to forward to the extension it is associated with.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

I am a bit confused with your question so I will make a few assumptions. IF you have a DID per trunk and that DID is pointed to a specific extension, simply give the DID a recognizable name. You can also create a ring group for every trunk, give the group a recognizable name and assign the desired extension or extensions to it. It will display the group name before the caller ID. Hope it helps (there are many options but these are the easiest ones).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dbarna

Thank you Mark and Charles!!!

Charles, I know that my text was not very clear since I was writing at 4:00AM my time :shock:
    Anyway, your tip was very good and I could do what I needed -- Identify wich trunk is ringing through Ring Group: MUCH APPRECIATED! :mrgreen:

Best,

Daniel Barna

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Anytime Daniel. Feel free to e-mail me at charles@sigmavoip.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.