How to integrate 3cx in a hotel already using hard phones

Discussion in 'Windows' started by onwukwe peter, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onwukwe peter

hi house,
    i just want to find out How i can integrate 3cx phone system in a hotel already using hard phones and are not willing to do away with it, but would also love to Combine IP Phone in the hotel.

anticipating your responses.

Keep your eyes simple!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: How to integrate 3cx in a hotel already using hard phone

Do away with ...what? the existing phones , or the existing PBX?

If the phones are currently analogue, then switch over to 3CX and just use ATA's with enough ports to handle all of the sets. If it's the PBX they don't want to get rid of, and you can't convince them otherwise, then I'm not sure what bringing in 3CX is going to accomplish, unless you can elaborate.

3. onwukwe peter

Thanks for the reply.

If 3CX phone system is installed on a dedicated system to server the hotel how do I migrate their external line to enable the receptionist or a user dial outside the company e.g calling a GSM line or a Land Line. What equipment am I expected to purchase from 3CX to enable them enjoy what they are used to using 3CX.

Best Regards.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First of all, you don't purchase any hardware from 3CX itself. You can download the software, test it to a certain extent, and then purchase a licence based on your requirements (number of concurrent calls/hotel package). There may be a company, in your area, that can supply any hardware that you need, and set up the system for you.

I assume you mean...if 3CX replaces the current PBX.

If the existing PBX is using analogue telephone lines, then a VoIP Gateway (they come in various numbers of lines) will convert the existing lines so that they can be used by 3CX. You could also look into migrating the lines to VoIP service, which may lower call costs (doesn't require a Gateway), but, does require high speed internet service, with sufficient capacity for the number of concurrent trunk calls that are expected.
    It may be best to contact a local company that is familiar with internet providers and VoIP in your area, to see if there are any cost savings to be made, while maintaining a reliable service.

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

3CX would replace perfectly existing PBX in hotel environment.
    Hotel module (with or without PMS integration) would be valuable in most cases.

Regarding hardware, 3CX is not manufacturing any hardware, you need to buy a PC server with Windows OS (I would recommend a bundle from HP / IBM / Dell with MS 2008R2 Foundation as very good price/performance option).

Second you need to buy the appropriate licenses from 3CX partner, including probably hotel module.

Third, if you need to keep existing analog phones, you need to buy VoIP adapters (gateways). Grandstream GXW-4024 is a good option (24 FXS port 1U rack-mount is sold for about $ 700.- in Europe). Of course you will need some SIP phones (to replace any proprietary from the old PBX) -- for hotel management, reception, etc. The choice of available phones is big (Cisco/Linksys, YeaLink, etc.). I'm quite satisfied with recent Panasonic KX-UT series, nevertheless they are not officially supported by 3CX, but you have simple 1 or 2 key touch blind and attended transfer, conference, call pickip, etc., which usually are more complicated in other brands.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. onwukwe peter

Thanks pals for all the replies received thus so far.
    If i have further questions or clarification i will definitely post it here.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.