Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to integrate 3CX with Openfire XMPP (Jabber) server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by igor.snezhko, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Lets make full-fledged Unified Communication system for FREE.

Server Setup

1. Download Openfire 3.6.3 and Spark 2.6.0.beta2 from http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/index.jsp

2. Install Openfire server according to manual http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/documentation.jsp

I am strongly recommending to use LDAP (Windows AD) integration, but for test lab let leave Default (Internal database). About Windows AD integration you can read here http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/ldap-guide.html

3. Add necessary Openfire plugins. Go to the Plugins > Available Plugins and add Client Control and SIP Phone Plugin The Openfire server must be connected to the Internet.

4. Check that plugin installed successfully

5. Create Server Bookmark for Spark client. This Bookmark will point all users to 3CX MyPhone Portal. Later I will show how this works, but for now lets create bookmark. Go to the Server > Client Management > URL Bookmarks and fill the form

My 3CX server has IP 192.168.0.10 and I use Cassini built-in web server.

6. Now lets create mapping between Openfire (Jabber) accounts and 3CX accounts. Obviously, you need to create these Openfire and 3CX accounts beforehand or load them from AD. (I am WAITING for 3CX AD integration!) First, I set common SIP parameters in Server > Phone > SIP Settings. Do not forget about Voicemail number! :lol:

Now I set actually accounts mappings in Server > Phone > SIP Phone Mappings

Were igor - my Openfire account, 11 - my 3CX SIP number.

Notice that User Status may be Unregistered. Do not worry! Its work!

Client Setup

1. Install Spark client and add necessary plugin Phone Client from Spark > Plugins > Avaliable Plugins menu.

Reload the Spark. You will see new "telephony" interface with dialpad, number field, History and Voicemail buttons!

2. Try to dial! You call will be routed accordingly to 3CX Outbound Rules!

3. If this work fine, lets add Extension "office" numbers and Mobile numbers for our users in Spark > Edit my Profile... menu.

I noticed that Spark caching old user profile and is not show new profile data instantly. So I have deleted c:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Spark\ folder and reloaded Spark. This is for speed up only, you do not have to do this trick.
    Ok, now I can chat with user, and call her after this! The Spark correctly change User status to On Phone.

But more convenient way is to dial user directly from buddy list

4. Do you remember about Bookmark for 3CX Myphone Portal? Here is it. It has deployed automatically to all clients!

Now forget about Microsoft OCS, Avaya Unified Communications and other "Cisco". There is crisis now! :lol:

Good luck!

2. ciscotech2007

Interesting... up and running.. although 'unregistered' shows but still works

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello,

last year we have tried this solution, but the sound where very bad quality. :evil:

today with the new version of openfire the sound is better quality ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. igor.snezhko

This seems to be a codec issue. Set PCMU codec first http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/171949#171949

5. sbsconseil

hi,

have you done the test with the ldap winwows? and the latest version of Openfire

6. igor.snezhko

I am using Openfire with AD at all of my projects.

7. sbsconseil

hi,

Have you How to integrate 3CX with Openfire XMPP ( Jabber) server in the detail with an AD
    I manage to make a relation with 3CX - AD-Openfire and I is not the plugin SIP Phone in Spark
    Have you an example of config with connextion AD ( DC)

Our version: Openfire 3.6.4. / Spark 2.5.8

8. igor.snezhko

Here is it http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/ldap-guide.html

9. igor.snezhko

Just found a cool Openfire client (Spark replacement) http://www.altertech.net/products/vv-messenger

Them promise to add SIP support. Just mailed them!

10. sbsconseil

hi,

The documentation on the LDAP is not necessary with the version current of OpenFire
    Can be made a screenshoot of the config LDAP

11. igor.snezhko

Hi! You need to search answer on Openfire forums, not here, i think. This topic focused on SIP integration.

12. achacko

3CX Server Intergreation with Clear OS LDAP Server

Hi,

we tried to intergerate & import LDAP database to 3cx server and failed . We are looking for following support & clarifications for integrating LDAP with 3CX server application ,

LDAP Server : Clear OS Linux
    Domain XXXXXXXXXX.com
    Anonymous Mode Enabled
    Publish Policy Enabled
    Mode Master

1. Configure LDAP database ( Clear OS - Linux Active directory ) with 3 CX server –support required .
    2. Once its configured , we should able to import all contacts to this application directory ? Pl confirm.
    3. Users will able to login to their 3cx softphone using their LDAP user ID and PASSWORD ? Pl confirm.
    4. User will able to see /search user profiles by suing LDAP user names ? Pl confirm.

regards
    Alex Chacko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.