How to let digital receptionist forward 3 digits extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jetronic, Aug 27, 2007.

1. jetronic

I'm using free edition and I'd like to know if it's possible to transfer 3 digits number extension.

In configuration Menu it have 10 option with a particular digit fro user to press to reach an extension. The question is if I want user to dial such like "101" to reach my extension. How can I make it?

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

just enter extension number. It is built in feature in DR

3. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Re: How to let digital receptionist forward 3 digits extensi

In configuration of what do you have a 10 options? Are you talking about the configuration of a specific phone? or 3cx Management Console?

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

I guessed that it should be the DR's action keys 0-9, there is totally 10 keys for user to press.

Press 0 to EXT 100
    Press 1 to EXT 101
    Press 9 to EXT 109

5. gbarnes

Built in

Transfer to extension number is built in to the DR, you have to just make a voice menu say something like ..

Enter the extension number you wish, or
    press 1 for sales.... etc

Just call the dr and enter 101 and it will connect, or 999 for voicemail etc.

Graeme.

6. jetronic

But every time I input the extension after DR menu, it reports: error input, please try again. and then I input the extension it'll work. It seems that when DR menu is finished, the dialer should input any digits first. And then the system get work.

7. gbarnes

Increasing timeout

I think I know what you mean, I get that on my VM for some reason, I have to enter the extension number before it starts repeating itself, or it will ignore my input. I have to wait for the message to stop, then enter it.

So, I can enter the number BEFORE the end of prompt, or after it... but not during it when it restarts.

This may be a (small) bug in 3cx, just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this.

I have got used to it now.

Perhaps changing the timeout in the DR may help.

I do not have this problem in the DR though, just the VM (eg 999)

Graeme.

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Not all cases are tested against our PBX, sorry.
    Could you please provide detailed description of environment of problematic calls? Any trial details can help us to resolve or (at least) detect a problem.

Thanks

9. jetronic

It's a tipycal "invalid input" bug I think! the symptom is every time callers try to reach the extension and get "invalid input" message and have to input extension number once again. then it'll work.

Here's the environment information:
    Windows XP pro SP2
    3CX Phone System v3.1.2434.0
    USing ADSL(pppoe) to access internet via a switch. But I've maping the ALL PC port to switch, which will get static IP every time it successfully dial up and connect to the internet.

Now I'm doing the test upon 3cx in my company's phone system. you can reach me by extension 101. Take a glance at its website and find the telephone number! Then you can get all symptom I guess. This test will remain couples of days. And you're welcome to reach me and discuss it via my email: robintu#keekey.com
    :wink: