Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to make call start from ivr to dest

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gestum, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gestum

Hi,
    I am a programer of c# , my problem is make a call that start from ivr (automatic responder ? ) to a destination and when the destination respond the call is transferred to a defined extension.
    Thanks for the help.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There are a number of ways to get a call originated from an IVR to a remote telephone number. The easiest is to create a dummy extension and then have the dummy extension set to call forward to the desired external number. The issue is that once answered, how to effect a transfer. You do not provide enough information such as who/what/how is the call being answered at the remote dialed number and, assuming for the moment that a human dialed the number, how the call would normally be transferred to your ultimate destination/extension.

3. gestum

So , without a human that does the transfer physically , I can't do this?

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I did not say that.

I merely questioned how you currently handle transfers at the remote site. You never indicated. It is the remote site that is of interest. As you did mention an extension, this seemingly indicates another PBX. Perhaps the other PBX can look at a callerid string and direct the call to the desired extension automatically.

The bottom line is that the capabilities of the remote site have not been made known. It is the remote site that will handle the call once answered, and we do not know how this currently occurs - operator/receptionist, Auto Attendant (Digital Receptionist)? Does your system support DID routing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.