How to make the IPPBX support G.729 Codec?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by praneethkatru, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. praneethkatru

i have my VoIP provider supporting G.729 codec which does not need more bandwidth.

Can we make the IP PBX support G.729, if so how it can be done.

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

The current 3CX IPPBX still not support G.729 and not allow to add-in external codec as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most likely they will add it in the future......

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I just found out that my voip providor accepts g729 too. I would really like this added as well. DSL is horrible here for upstream bandwidth.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You'll have to use a provider that uses GSM, ilbc or speex. G729 support is not planned.

6. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

We can provide an information how to write a codec's plug-in for Media Server. Than one who want G729 support needs to pay G729 royalty/licansing fee and learn C++ to make such plug-in. Than one may use it as necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.