How to me 3cx treat all connections as internal?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by djboxny, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djboxny

I have a HP dl380 connected directly to the Internet with a static ip. My server has 2 nics paired to that static ip. Everything works great locally, how can I make 3GS treat all devices as local since most extensions will be connected from another locations

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't see how you could if the extensions are registering from another public IP + port.

3. mhanson

mhanson New Member

3GS?

I dont understand your application here. Functionality wise, remote and local phones function the same. Can you explain why you are looking to do this, and perhaps we can suggest another method/workaround?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

even if your nic card is connected via a public IP, it doenst mean that the phone is local. As explained previously a phone that is local or remote bares no diffrence, the only diffrence might be that you do not have video, and provisioning. I have never seen an attempt to remotre provisiong a phone over a public IP, and im not sure if it would work. Do you have any specific requirments?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. djboxny

Well I just reads article from 3cx about internal and external devices. But u guys haves answer my questions thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.