How to obtain support, when partner doesn't want to help?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ampublic, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ampublic

Hello,

We have an issue with our 3CX partner. They do not return phone calls or emails regarding 3CX. Anything other IT support is fine, but with 3CX they do not want to help us. I feel this is more of a "we don't know what's wrong" and so they cannot help us.

In particular, we have the following issues with the 3CX software and they seem to be bugs:

- Hold message plays over-the-top of welcome message > Only welcome message should play when first answered by 3CX
    - When all agents log out of a queue, and the time of day is still within working hours, new calls are placed on hold (as if somebody would be available to take a call) > A different message should play, to indicate that no agents are available to take calls
    - 3CX MyPhone does not show presence information screen, when used outside of the office. (With or without 3CX tunnel) Occasionally, this will occur for people inside the office, also. The only way to fix for inside the office is to restart PC (restart 3cx myphone does not rectify).

How can we get official 3CX support ???

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

more info please.
    Windows version?
    Abyss or IIS?
    Number of extensions?

Also, I can see a partner not wanting to support 3cx v11 and earlier. It is tough trying to support multiple versions. Many companies support 1 version back only (v12 and v14). I say this only based on the term "MyPhone" which has not been around in a couple of versions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

If you are unhappy with the reseller, contact 3CX sales and express your concern. They have in the past worked to find users a reseller that is willing to assist.

In your case (and not knowing which version, so the details may differ some) -

The entry prompt into a queue is a known issue. The workaround is to delay the sound of one recording (record silence) so that the other does not overlap. This can be done using the program audacity. So, in other words, you make your intro prompt. Then, picking the desired music for on-hold, you take the file and by using audacity, you change the gain of how ever many seconds the into prompt is so that it effectively mutes that many seconds of the MOH. You then save that MOH file under a different name and select that as your MOH for the Q. What is happening is that when entering the Q, both the intro prompt and the MOH are starting at the same time effectively playing sound over one another.

The second issue is how a Q works, but there is a set of selections that can be made to direct how a call can be handled in that event. If you get into the system, and look at the Q tab and then select the Q of interest, you will then see an option for "Destination if no answer" which covers how a call should be handled if there are no logged in agents. In your example, you indicated that you want a message explaining that, but once that is done, then what? I assume you might want the call to be directed to a mail box perhaps so that you desired message could be delivered, but at the same time, offering the caller to leave a message.

As far as the My Phone issue, it could be any number of things that without more detail make it somewhat difficult to speculate.

As far as official support, this is a paid service that 3CX itself offers. If you go to the top of the 3CX web page and look at "BUY", there will be some info on how to go about. You can also look at the "Partners" tab and then examine the listings and call some to get a feel for the comfort level, knowledge and pricing. Most will be more than happy to assist. I have gained a number of clients in that manner, as I am sure many others have.

Craig is correct in that the version plays a part in how some things work and the degree of support available. The forum will provide help in most cases, but there is no guarantee that the suggestion is a definite solution and it will require some effort on your end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.