How to? place a call from outside through 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by catalinu, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catalinu

Hello, sorry I am a newbie and probably I don't use the appropriate terms. What I want:
    From my cell I need to call at home (where 3cx resides). I need that 3cx give me a dial tone and I can call another number from my cell.
    If this works (and I am sure that a lot of people use this feature, I can't remember the name for it), I would like to go further: when i call home, I should have a period of let's say one second to decide if I want to get the dial tone or I really want that my phone extension at home will ring (to call my wife). I understand that I need to work with the digital assistant (probably I will put it to confirm with a short beep that it answered the call) and wait one second a selection. If I press 1 for example, it will give me a dial tone, if not it will forward to my home phone extension. Is it the right way? If yes, how can I achieve the "dial tone" section?
    Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You're thinking of a DISA port on a PBX. The closest thing available on 3CX is the option to dial out from the voicemail menu. When you call in to get your messages, after you've entered your PIN, you can go into the advanced menu, one of the option in there allows you to dial a call.

3. catalinu

Hmmm... Thanks a lot. I understand that it is technically possible, but I find strange why it isn't a "shortcut" to access this functionality direct from the digital assistant...
    Anyway, I can preprogram on my cell phone a phonebook entry as:
    {homephone} + Pause + 99 (voicemail) + Pause + 10 (main extension} + Pause + 10 (mail pass) + Pause + 9 (advanced options) + Pause + {option to get dial tone}

is it correct?
    Thanks

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm sure that there are a few ways of doing this depending on how you have your incoming calls set to route.

Generally, you would call home, the call would go to the voicemail of the ext you have calls route to. Enter password, then go into the options to dial back out. This means that there would be a LONG pause before the voicemail answers unless you plan to make all calls to this number go this way.

Otherwise, when you are at home you will have calls going immediately to Vm and no have a chance to answer them. You may be able to play around with the incoming caller ID settings to get calls from your mobile only to go directly to the VM of an extension, thus avoiding a delay.

I know that there have been several requests for a DISA option but it doesn't look like it is likely to happen (soon), security seems to be the primary concern, do a search in the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.