How to prevent app from timing out

Discussion in 'iOS' started by minijay, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minijay

hi guys

ive just installed the iphone app on my phone and so far not had to many problems

im not sure if im using wifi or cell i have both at the mo but would prefer it to use wifi when its available.

one thing i have spotted is if the phone is left for any length of time the phone screen goes blank and then after a few mins the software timesout and does not recieve calls anymore. if i go back into the software it says available and its registered but if i dial a number it does not work and if i call it it does not work. i need to change a setting or restart the software to make it work again.

is there a way of putting a keep alive setting in to prevent this problem.

also any way to change the ring tone, come on you had to have been expecting that :)

iphone is 4.1 3G ans im using 1.0.18 of the software, not jail broken :( , connecting to a epygi 2x which has had no problems with any of your other software, hoping to move over to 3cx later this year..

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

ufo you and me have the issue with the 3g not to be able to run multitasking apps. so we will fail in this due to the app must be active and an keep alive life line is not supported by the apple os in this case. for 3gs and 4g we have by default an keep alive on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. minijay

thanks for your reply

well thats no fair... i guess ill have to upgrade to an iphone 4 and suffer the faults with that just to get multitasking :(

when the screen locks is the app not still active ??? i know it is for a little while, i get emails through when the screen is locked im not physically coming out of the app to do anything else i simply leave it on the side ????

is this still the case

thanks

jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.