Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to provide 'Line Number' when launching 3CX and dialing a number using command prompt

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by uhsiddiqui, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhsiddiqui

How to provide 'Line Number' when launching 3CX and dialing a number using command prompt?

Currently my 3CX phone has 5 lines (Line 1, Line 2, ... , Line 5)

If I need to launch 3CX and dial a number automatically, I use the following command:
    X:Installation Location\3CXPhone.exe sip:number (or X:Installation Location\3CXPhone.exe dial:number)

This launches the phone and dial the number automatically. However the number is always dialed using Line 1. If I need to automate the Line number as well (i.e. launching 3CX and dialing the number using Line 2 or 3 or any other), how can I do that using command prompt?

Any help is welcomed.

Regards,

Umair Siddiqui

2. George_3cx

George_3cx Guest

Dear uhsiddiqui,

On V15 of 3cx pbx you can use CallTriggerCmd.exe by running the following cmd command in directory "C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\":

CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall:[number to call]

If the first line is busy, the second line will be used automatically an so on...

Which version of 3cx pbx are you using ?

#2 George_3cx, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2016
  3. uhsiddiqui

Thanks for the reply.

I am currently using ver 6.0.26523.0, and it seems that above command do not work for this version.

Can you please let me know a way or command to do it in the version I have?

Thanks again in advance.

4. George_3cx

George_3cx Guest

Dear uhsiddiqui,

I am afraid that we do not have any documentation for this version about the command line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.