How to provide 'Line Number' when launching 3CX and dialing a number using command prompt

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by uhsiddiqui, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhsiddiqui

How to provide 'Line Number' when launching 3CX and dialing a number using command prompt?

Currently my 3CX phone has 5 lines (Line 1, Line 2, ... , Line 5)

If I need to launch 3CX and dial a number automatically, I use the following command:
    X:Installation Location\3CXPhone.exe sip:number (or X:Installation Location\3CXPhone.exe dial:number)

This launches the phone and dial the number automatically. However the number is always dialed using Line 1. If I need to automate the Line number as well (i.e. launching 3CX and dialing the number using Line 2 or 3 or any other), how can I do that using command prompt?

Any help is welcomed.

Regards,

Umair Siddiqui

2. George_3cx

George_3cx Guest

Dear uhsiddiqui,

On V15 of 3cx pbx you can use CallTriggerCmd.exe by running the following cmd command in directory "C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\":

CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall:[number to call]

If the first line is busy, the second line will be used automatically an so on...

Which version of 3cx pbx are you using ?

#2 George_3cx, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2016
  3. uhsiddiqui

Thanks for the reply.

I am currently using ver 6.0.26523.0, and it seems that above command do not work for this version.

Can you please let me know a way or command to do it in the version I have?

Thanks again in advance.

4. George_3cx

George_3cx Guest

Dear uhsiddiqui,

I am afraid that we do not have any documentation for this version about the command line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.