Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to provision 7960 for use with SBC

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by edokim, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edokim

We set up the PBX on Google Cloud through PBX Express. I have setup SBC in a remote office, and without doing anything specific to the 7960s, they all work fine (luck?). I set up another SBC in a second remote location, and the 7960s will not use that SBC - and therefore only one phone works. Is there any configuration I should be doing on the ip phones to look for the SBC?

Thanks for your help!

Ed

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

3. edokim

Hey @Saqqara, not supported for automatic provisioning, but per the link you listed, they do work as legacy (I actually followed the detailed instructions in that very page). Thanks for the reply anyway. I will appreciate other feedback.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's probably do-able, but may require the manual modification/creation of the configuration file, not too difficult if only basic features used. I would first examine the configuration file used on one of the sets that is working, paying attention to the server address. Do they continue to "auto configure", or was the configuration a one time thing? In the file, pay attention to where it will "point" to the SBC rather than the 3CX PBX directly. Compare to a file from a "local" set. The drawback is probably going to be doing any re-configurations in the future,

You will have to ask yourself how much time you are willing to spend on these sets, especially if there is a deadline.

#4 leejor, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  5. edokim

Thanks for the feedback, @leejor. Being legacy phones, they do not auto-configure. I download the config files from 3CX, then tweak some parameters, then load onto the phones via TFTP. I did compare the working config files to the non-working ones, and they seem identical. I did nothing special other than installing the SBC on a computer, and the phones seemed to pick it up automatically. Or at least nothing that I can remember or find in the config files. Could it be something in the Management Console? Any other thoughts?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The only difference between the site that works, and the new site, as far as the configuration files (besides the extension information , of course), should be the IP addresses used on the local network, and of course, the local IP used by the SBC. You might want to first confirm, if you haven't already, that the SBC, at the new site, works with "other" sets, and it isn't an SBC issue that is the problem.

Have you checked the 3CX Activity Log to see if there are signs of registration from the new site?

7. edokim

For some reason (probably syntax), the phones are not getting the right SBC address from the config files. Setting the Outbound Proxy directly through the LCD menu on the phones did the trick. Not the definitive answer, but got the project back on track. Thank you for the input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.