• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to Provision Second Line on SPA941

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallah-khalid

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am new to 3CX and trying it out version 9. I am trying to find a way to easily provision lines 2-4 via the mangement console for a Cisco/Linksys SPA941. Is this possible, or do I have to edit the xml config files? I see on the "Phones" section the "Add Extension" but it is greyed out. I am running the free version now, is it only a paid feature?

Thanks in advance,
Tareef

As I recall , the default on those phones is to assume that you want multiple appearances of key one on all of the other keys. You have to go in and tell each key that it is to be an independent line. You can then register each key as a separate extension with 3CX.

Thanks for the reply. DO you know how I can do this? I am able on the 7940/60 but this SPA941 I can get right.

Thanks,
Tareef

I don't have access to one until this evening. If no one else replies before then I'll post back. I have the 942 but assume that the features/menus are very similar, most Linksys devices are.

Appreciate it!

Tareef

Under the Phone tab, you'll see Line Key 1, Line key 2 and so on. Change the option next to that so key 1 = 1 and key 2 = 2...up to all four lines if you want each one to be a different extension.

If you haven't done so already, get the latest firmware from Cisco. I know that the 942 can be converted to a four line model, not sure about the 941, but worth a try. This upgrade used to be a "paid for" feature.

Thanks. I'll try it. Do you know how to put that into the .xml file also?

Haven't done the xml file, just manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.