Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to quickly retrieve voicemail of another extension?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ThomasAJ, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasAJ

System is V12 and 3CXPhone (softphone) is V12.

Is it possible and if so how. Thanks.

In V10 Phone System and V6 3CXPhone (softphone) I could be registered SIMULTANEOUSLY as more than 1 extension and all I had to do was to click on the top right hand area of V6 3CXPhone to cycle thru the extensions that were registered.

Now in V12 3CXPhone I cannot register multiple exts.

Yes I can register another extension by going into Settings > Accounts etc and then register another but that takes too long and is not practical for busy staff.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I suppose that dialling... (system voicemail number) # (extension number)... takes too long?

3. ThomasAJ

Can you please expand on what you said.

I scanned for "system voicemail" in the manual but there was nothing.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Even with the V6 softphone, you still had to register each extension that you wanted the client softphone to accommodate, but once defined, you can have more than one profile (multiple extensions) active at a time. The V6 softphone still works with V12.

Otherwise what leejor indicates is to use the system defined vmail dial code (999 or similar) and then follow it up with a "#" whereupon the system will prompt you for the extension # of interest. You can then proceed to retrieve as needed.

Reverting to V6 is likely your best solution.

5. ThomasAJ

6. lneblett

the "#" is also used as a dial/send/call. so, your string was 99, dial, dial. in this case, the # was literal and was sent outbound, but failed to match a rule.

just do 99 and call. just after hitting call, then use the "#" key. you may need to experiment with the wait time between call and #.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry, I suppose I should have elaborated.

8. ThomasAJ

"just do 99 and call. just after hitting call, then use the "#" key. you may need to experiment with the wait time between call and #."

Thank you.
    Yes works well for V6 and V10 setup.

No good for V6 and V12 setup. The entry of '#' regardless of timing ends the call - I have tried many 'timings'. In fact the operator says that '#' will end the call when 'she answers' the initial 99+Call.

At the moment I do have a PC with V12 Softphone connected to a V12 System but no headset/sound (long storey).
    I really appreciate it if anyone that had such a setup might try the above.

9. lneblett

Uh, that is the set-up I am running.

v6 softphone with v12sp3. I do not wait for the operator. I input the # before she even speaks.

10. ThomasAJ

Can u please do me a favour and not press # and tell me what the operator says.

Mine says "Press star to play, press 9 for options, to exit press pound."

Regardless of when I press # the call ends when I do.

I am wondering if there is an option somewhere that I need to set/unset.

(V6 soft, V12SP3 System)

11. lneblett

When I dial 999 and call using the v6 softphone and allow the VM operator to answer, she will say "please enter personal ID number and then press #". If I wait and do nothing, she comes back with (after a few seconds) "please enter extension number".

You apparently have the VM PIN option disabled. This then matches the extension which dialed to the VM box and allows instant retrieval. However, it is designed such that without a PIN, an extension cannot retrieve VM from a non-associated VM box. The solution is to use PINs, but set each extensions' PIN to be the same.

12. ThomasAJ

"You apparently have the VM PIN option disabled. ..."

Brilliant! I cannot thank you enough.

It did cross my mind but for some reason I did not test it. Darn!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.