• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to rebound after transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Django

Reaction score
Hi All,

When an outside-caller call in to 'A', the outside-caller want find someone name call 'B', then A transfer to B, but B was not on seat, in finally, the calling returned to A, so A told outside-caller: "Sorry, B is not on his seat."

Does anyone know how to setting it in 3CX?

Thanks.

The call would follow the no answer rules set up against extension B. If they had voicemail, then the call would end up there. There is an option to treat outside calls in a different manner.
The feature you refer to was used in the days before voicemail. The call would return to an operator, or co-worker who would then have to explain that the person was not there, take a message and then leave it for them.

Hi Leejor,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, on my plan, not use voicemail. If 'B' can't get the calling, then rebound to the origin 'A', not else people can get rebound.
It's like someone want talk with boss, then boss's secretary get the calling in first, but boss not on seat. It's need secretary told caller: boss not there.
This means that 3CX can't do rebound after transfer (if B can't receive the calling then return to A).So it can not be achieved via 3CX, right?

Thanks.

There is an option called Rebound under the extensions. You would have to try it to see if it will do what you want it to. I have not made use of it myself.

Hi Leejor,

I had try it, but it only rebound the specified extensions, it isn't rebound the origin receiver.

Thanks.

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 829
I had thought that it was only there for external calls as there is no way of knowing that the person is there to answer or leave a message. It looks as if that idea has been submitted and is in the top 10. http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php

In the meantime (and I have not tried this)...you could try creating a loop trunk, then sending the call out on that trunk (it should then be considered external, but I can't confirm that), then back to the extension.

For SIP Loop Trunks set-up, see SY's first reply in this thread.... http://www.3cx.com/forums/internal-users-dialing-dids-instead-of-extension-20002.html#p102900

Hi Leejor,
Thank you so much.
I will try setting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cc92260
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.