• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to record multiple greetings and status

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkerbyron

Reaction score
A great new feature was introduced with SP3 enabling users to have a greeting associated with each status... however, the new feature did not include an easy or intuitive method to add those greetings from what I can tell. I know that in the new 3CXPhone interface you can 'browse' to existing recordings (to be made in an undisclosed WAV format? 16bit?? Mono???). This method presumes you have a microphone near you when you need to make/update the recording - this will rarely be the case for me. I know that you can force a 'record from phone' using the back end but that doesn't help my 80+ end users that might want it changed at a moments notice...

Shouldn't the ability to 'record from phone' be available from each status as well as 'browse'? This would solve the problem (and remove the need for a microphone or having to call someone for help every time).

p.s. You can't record by calling in from a phone either... you only have the ability to change your main greeting as far as I can tell.

I just saw a comment to a blog post that mentioned there is a plan to add the ability to record greetings via 3CXPhone and your handset?

I commented that it should be available to record them from a handset. While I appreciate the software side of things, I should not be dependent on running a computer just to record greetings for a given status.

"We'll see" is the best I can wait for at this point.. perhaps I will add/check for it on the feature requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.