Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to record multiple greetings and status

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by parkerbyron, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parkerbyron

A great new feature was introduced with SP3 enabling users to have a greeting associated with each status... however, the new feature did not include an easy or intuitive method to add those greetings from what I can tell. I know that in the new 3CXPhone interface you can 'browse' to existing recordings (to be made in an undisclosed WAV format? 16bit?? Mono???). This method presumes you have a microphone near you when you need to make/update the recording - this will rarely be the case for me. I know that you can force a 'record from phone' using the back end but that doesn't help my 80+ end users that might want it changed at a moments notice...

Shouldn't the ability to 'record from phone' be available from each status as well as 'browse'? This would solve the problem (and remove the need for a microphone or having to call someone for help every time).

p.s. You can't record by calling in from a phone either... you only have the ability to change your main greeting as far as I can tell.

2. parkerbyron

I just saw a comment to a blog post that mentioned there is a plan to add the ability to record greetings via 3CXPhone and your handset?

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I commented that it should be available to record them from a handset. While I appreciate the software side of things, I should not be dependent on running a computer just to record greetings for a given status.

"We'll see" is the best I can wait for at this point.. perhaps I will add/check for it on the feature requests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.