• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to reinstall without losing settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bannerks

Customer
Reaction score
Hello

I need to uninstall and reinstall 3cx so i setup the FQDN correctly so i can use my i[phone as an extension.
How do i do that and retain all my settings?

Thanks

You should make a backup of your PBX from the Backup and Restore tab in your management console with all the settings you wish to keep. Then uninstall 3CX from your machine and restart the windows machine (very important).

Then reinstall 3cx go through the configuration procedure with the correct settings for your FQDN and restore your backup.

Hope this helps

When you make your backup - you might want to put it in a folder not in the 3CX folders. In the past, I believe the uninstalling of 3CX would do away with your backup. Not sure if it still does this.

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.